Meet Oral Surgeon Dr. Bloom
Dr. Bloom graduated Cum Laude from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 1994. He continued his education at Georgetown University where he received a Master’s degree in Physiology in 1995. He then attended the State University of New York at Stony Brook where he graduated first in his class, receiving his Doctorate of Dental Surgery with high honors in 2000. He continued his advanced training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Montefiore Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York from 2000 – 2004. He also received formal training in anesthesia and sedation and is certified in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support.
Dr. Bloom was invited to remain at Montefiore Medical Center as a full time faculty surgeon in the residency training program. He remained at Montefiore through June 2005 and opened Fairfield, Oral Surgery, LLC in November 2005.
His professional credentials include:
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Member, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, Connecticut Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Connecticut State Dental Association
- Member, Bridgeport Dental Association
Dr. Bloom resides in Fairfield County, CT with his wife and 3 daughters. He enjoys playing tennis, golf, skiing and spending time outdoors.